You will find my full CV at my LinkedIn profile.
Please also visit my personal web site sandvand.net.
- Chief Communications Officer at Schibsted Tech Polska from June 2014.
- VP International Projects at Schibsted Norge from June 2012 to May 2014.
- Responsible for building up and expanding Schibsted Tech Polska in Krakow, Poland as world-class programming center for Schibsted companies.
- First activities were started in September 2011 – today the company is approaching 50 employees
- Editor and part of the senior management team of Media Norway Digital (renamed Schibsted Norge Digital)from June 2010 to June 2012.
- A number of different editorial positions at Aftenposten, Norway’s largest newspaper.
- Digital media strategist – exploring digital media opportunities for the media house
- Online travel editor – launching and running Aftenposten’s succesful travel web site
- Assistant managing editor – in charge of editorial production
- Assistant managing editor – in charge of daily priorities of frontpage of Aftenposten.no
- Asia bureau chief – stationed in Hong Kong and in charge of covering the Asian region for Norwegian readers
- In charge of Aftenposten’s Sunday edition as well as being news reporter
- I have a great interest in Asia – and tries to travel to the region regurlarly
- Educational background includes a Master of Management from Norwegian School of Management and a Bachelor of Arts in Communication and Global Studies from Pacific Lutheran University in Tacoma, USA.
Read more about my background at my LinkedIn profile.
Speaker and presentations
I have often been invited to give presentations about digital media. Here are some of the presentations I have given:
- Speaker at 8 Minutes of Digital Marketing conference, Oslo, Norway: “8 digital media trends that are changing the media houses”
- Keynote speaker at annual conference of European Alliance of News Agencies, Geneva, Switzerland: “How social media will improve journalism”, September 2011
- Speaker at Woodwing World Tour in Stockholm, Sweden, September 2011
- Keynote speaker at Media Trendy Conference in Warshaw, Poland: “Five trends in digital media”, April 2011
- INMA Roundtable on Tablet Subscriptions: “Six ways Scandinavian media approach iPad” , London, February 2011
- The Federation of the Finnish Media Industry, e-reading conference: “Norwegian news companies and tablets”, February 2011
- Schibsted Brand Academy, leadership program in Schibsted Media Group: “The Challenges of the Media Business”. January 2011 as well as January 2012.
- Media Norway Management Conference: “Digital Media Trends”. January 2011
- Scandinavia Futures, annual trend conference of the Norwegian market research agency Opinion: “Digital trends that will affect people’s media consumption in 2011” January 2011
- Annual Christmas dinner of the Board of directors and executives, Bergens Tidende, Norway, December 2010: “How global giants will attack the local media markets” (Related blog article)
- Annual conference of Spanish Newspaper Publishers Association (AEDE): “Five ways to make users pay for digital content”
- Strategy conference of Board of Executives of Schibsted Media Group, Oslo, Norway: “Digital trends influencing the media industry”
- Schibsted leadership conference, Tallin, Estonia, September 2010: “Five ways to make users pay for digital content”
- Oxford Tablet Summit, INMA, May 2010: “Norwegian media cooperation on e-readers”
- INMA Seminar: Recreating Value in an Age of Abundance, Copenhagen, Denmark: “Finding New Digital Revenue Streams: But How?”
- TeleMedia Conference, Oslo, Norway, November 2009: “When technology moves borders”
You can contact me at john.einar (at) sandvand.net
You will also find me here:
- John Einar Sandvand on Twitter
- John Einar Sandvand on YouTube
- John Einar Sandvand on LinkedIn
- John Einar Sandvand on Slideshare
- John Einar Sandvand on Flickr